One of the awesome Shortcodes I found during my Automattic trial was the Recipes one. Really easy to use and presents in a well laid out format.
Chicken fajitas with peppers and red onion
Easy fajitas using a non-premium brand kit.
Put your recipe here. Tip: use ordered and unordered lists, headings, images, and links to improve the look of your recipe. You can also use special tags to format notes, ingredients, and directions.
I used chicken breast but you can use beef mince instead.
- 500g chicken breast
- two fresh peppers
- one onion
- El Tequito Fajita kit from Lidl
- 100ml water
- grated cheese
- guac (premade. sob-sob)
- soured cream
- Chop the chicken (or have a friend do it who happens to be visiting before dinner before you finish work)
- Chop the veg!
- Recycle food waste in food waste bin.
- Add a small bit of oil to the pan and brown the chicken. Why do they call it “browning the chicken”. Brown chicken is burnt chicken!
- Add the veg, and mix the seasoning from the kit with 100ml of water. Make sure nothing burns/sticks to pan/goes wonky.
- Warm the wraps. Cold wraps are no fun.
- Plate up! I recommend a bowl for the food, a separate bowl for grated cheese, and a plate each to make your wrap.
[gallery ids="1364,1367" type="rectangular"]
While looking for the kit I used, I found this blog about Lidl with a post about the same kit!
Yes, I think I’ve reached peak diversity of posts on this blog. Maybe. I could be wrong.