Last Thursday (29th December) was my 6 month (full time) Automattiversary
In that time I’ve:
- Learned the basics of over a hundred different pieces of software that I didn’t even know about
- Handled a few thousand interactions – tickets, Twitter, and Facebook
- Been part of a new Social Guild
- Supported two colleagues through their Support Rotations after they joined Automattic
- Joined Training Core, asked to be Live Chat Wrangler
- Been across to Whistler, Canada for an all company meet up
- Helped make and present a product improvement at said meet up
BrokenTested so much software you wouldn’t know
- Been given 16 (internal) Kudos from my colleagues. Heartwarming and humbling
Also, I helped ship a feature to WordPress.com
It’s been a rollercoaster, and there are a host of future posts whirling in my head about remote work, my trial, Automattic in general, and more.
Also, I got this sweet doug.blog from Automattic, which comes with a caveat of posting regularly on the domain, so expect more!